Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Sky Ferreira - "I Blame Myself" and "Everything Is Embarassing"

Oh, what do we have here ... another bunch of songs, which I've listened the shit out of in the past few years, that was never mentioned on this wonky webpage. How embarrassing.

The first time I ever saw her (picture) was in Sonic Boom, her album Night Time, My Time was up on some display at Sonic Boom. I didn't think much of her ... the album cover gave me the impression she was just some artist that relies more on sexual intrigue. Well, I was wrong ... what's new right. She was naked, ok. Can you blame me??

The first time I ever listened to one of her songs was at some Italian restaurant in 2014 or something. Praise be to Shazam for if not for it my life would be undeniably different. I would be, for example, agonizingly and futilely drafting a post about another song. "Everything Is Embarrassing" was really great, listened to it a lot. Then I listened to the Night Time, My Time album after I had realized my devastation of my hubris, listened to a few of the songs from there, like "I Blame Myself", a lot.

Actually, in going through the various videos and comments in preparation of this post, it seems there may have been a phase around or before Night Time, My Time where she was actively trying to distance herself from this 'qt blonde' pop persona that may have been initially the aim of her label. That would explain the sudden shift to black hair and the overt sexuality in some of her music videos (and the album cover of Night Time, My Time). That would be really cool if that were true. But... I haven't seen much of her interviews so I couldn't really be certain. Let's just pretend it's true and like totally obsess over Sky Ferreira again. Ok, ... ... ... break.

"I Blame Myself" by Sky Ferreira from her 2013 album Night Time, My Time

"Everything Is Embarrassing" by Sky Ferreira from her 2012 EP Ghost

No comments:

Post a Comment