Thursday, July 20, 2017

Mint Julep - White Hot Heart

"Aviary" has been a long-time favourite of mine. I had been wondering if Mint Julep would ever release another album since Save Your Season from 2011. The band itself consists of the married duo Hollie and Keith Kenniff. Keith has released music since 2011 under the monikers Helios and Goldmund but I've not really gotten into that stuff yet.

Anyway, I was very happy to see they had released a new album back in 2016: Broken Devotion. I guess one thing I've realized when listening to new albums from bands that I've liked before is to appreciate the differences and the development of sound. It wouldn't be appropriate to approach Broken Devotion hoping to find another Aviary-esque song. That song will always be there and it's important to appreciate the evolution that artists go through over the years. 2011 was 5 years ago when this was released ... Lord knows how much I've changed in that amount of time too.

And, how fortuitous it is, the song that I ended up wanting to share from the album has an official music video. Rejoice!

"White Hot Heart" by Mint Julep from their 2016 album Broken Devotion

No comments:

Post a Comment