Sunday, December 2, 2012

This Will Destroy You - Happiness: We're All In It Together [post-rock]

I don't know if it's just me being biased because they were the songs that started getting me into post-rock in a big way, but I take particularly well to all the material on This Will Destroy You's 2006 EP Young Mountain. Even listening to it now two years later, the seemingly simple arrangement of these pieces help get me into a place that I wish I could stay for longer than the mere duration of the songs. But, alas, it seems our collective fates are to reside here, in this shared, well-defined reality, until some external agent finally calls out to us and we drown.

Anyway, this is "Happiness: We're All In It Together Now" from This Will Destroy You's Young Mountain EP released in 2006.


No comments:

Post a Comment