Monday, December 17, 2012

BELLE GHOUL - (Out Of) The Neighbourhood [rock]

"Half-Light" by Trembling Blue Stars came up on my iPod yesterday. So it got me thinking about something a little strange about that music video (there's a post about it a while back): the channel that had posted it is Elefant Records, a Spanish music label. What on earth is a UK band doing there? Well, I'm not too aware of what actually goes on in the music biz so this may actually be super standard.

Well, on the same day that I had made that post, I also perused over a bunch of the other uploads on that channel and I was really quite impressed with a lot of them. Here's one of them: "(Out Of) The Neighbourhood", a single released a couple months ago (I think..) by BELLE GHOUL. The duo itself consists of Christopher Tait, of numerous acts including Electric Six, and Jesse Smith, daughter of Patti Smith (!!), and cite their influences to include Scott Joplin, The Zombies, and Fleetwood Mac.

Ok, since these guys are obviously American (Tait from Detroit and Smith from New York), it may not be that out of the ordinary for bands to be registered with foreign record labels. And, oh, two Belle's in a row, how pretty (now that's witty)...


No comments:

Post a Comment