Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Pure Bathing Culture - Dream The Dare [dream pop]

I actually listen to things other than dreamy indie stuff, seriously. But, I guess there was a bit of a revival in interest of sorts. Ok ok, after this last one, I'll post other stuff, yeesh.

I guess if I followed trends better, I would've heard of Pure Bathing Culture back in 2013, you know, when they came to Toronto to tour. But, no, yet another band I was destined to miss. Apparently, because of a strap for cash, this whole album was recorded in a single day. I don't know if that would affect the overall mixing but it does seem live performances are really when this song shines (when the voice and instruments are more pronounced). I'll post both live and recorded versions because the music video for the record version is pretty rad. This song itself is about the crow, which is the spirit animal guide for the month of October, when this album was released ... or something like that.



"Dream The Dare" by Pure Bathing Culture from their 2013 album Moon Tides

No comments:

Post a Comment