Thursday, May 8, 2014

Ivan & Alyosha - Running For Cover [folk pop]

There're three songs of late that I find myself singing to almost every time they come on (ok, obviously not on a crowded subway or in the middle of the library).

Ivan & Alyosha are a folk-pop group from Seattle. I first heard this song on the Summer Sampler by Dine Alone Records last year but I guess it hasn't been until recently that it finally migrated to my regular playlist. Its strength as a sing-along-song is its cathartic chorus. It's reminiscent of some Matthew Good Band stuff that I liked to approximate vocally. It's also catchy without being too in your face with some sort of contrived positivity. Annddd, there's an Asian guy on electric rhythm (is it somehow racist for me to point that out?)! This song can be found on their 2013 album All The Times We Had.


"Running For Cover" by Ivan & Alyosha from their 2013 album All The Times We Had

(Can you imagine me singing this? It'd probably be for the better if you didn't lol.)

No comments:

Post a Comment