Sunday, May 11, 2014

Camera Obscura - French Navy [indie pop]

"Spent a week in a dusty library; Waiting for some words to jump at me"

Well ok, the singer is referring to something else entirely, but that's pretty much been an apt descrption of me for the past bit. But, anyway, someone asked me if I liked this band after I sent a link to Seasons by Future Islands (they're both on 4AD, along with a fair bit of bands I like actually...). Well, I didn't before but I sure do like it now ... mellow pop goodness, yum. Scottish indie pop band Camera Obscura has been at it since 1996, I'd be interested to see how their sound has evolved over the years. Anyway, thanks for the pseudo-recommendation ... now back to the dusty library part.


"French Navy" by Camera Obscura from their 2009 album My Maudlin Career

No comments:

Post a Comment