Thursday, December 12, 2013

Deerhunter - Earthquake [indie iunno]

Deerhunter, I think I first came across them as I was looking up something for Deerhoof (or Deer Tick???). Well, I listened to their album but wasn't particularly enraptured by it. Well, with the modern marvels of technology (i.e. Shazam), I was informed that the nice-sounding currently-playing song was in fact by Deerhunter. Being shy of my true potential for pretense, I was only able to impress my friends that the song only sounded "familiar". Well, it turns out, I should've just yolo'd and said I knew the band members because I, in fact, had the album. Hahaaaaaa.

Well, ok so like I think on that album Earthquake is the only song that's more overtly dream poppy (and it's the only song that I particularly like). They played in Toronto a while back, didn't see them, oh well, who goes to a concert for one song?

(from their 2010 album Halcyon Digest)

No comments:

Post a Comment