Saturday, March 4, 2017

MUNA - I Know A Place

It was nice to see MUNA pop up again, this time at the beginning of 2017, with their first LP About U. It was also nice seeing them perform live, on Kimmel of all places. Solid energetic performance (not as energetic as Future Islands was on Letterman though lol).

And, oh man, the added message in the bridge about "him not being my leader even though he's my president" definitely took a whopping helping of courage. And frontwoman Katie Gavin just drops it so effortlessly for the entire world to see. That's conviction. The band's noted in one interview re: their music: "We try to make music that reflects both the reality of the world we live in and some sense of optimism.". That's something I can get behind. 

"I Know A Place" (performed on Jimmy Kimmel) by MUNA from their 2017 album About U

No comments:

Post a Comment