Friday, January 4, 2013

Massive Attack - Paradise Circus (featuring Hope Sandoval; Gui Boratto Remix) [progressive house, trip hop?]

I actually really like progressive house, though I never post that stuff here. What it does for me lies in its simplicity and slight repetitiveness. I find progressive house really gives me time to appreciate its various layers as well as to have my own thoughts float around while the song does its own thing in the background.

Well, something like that. It's never been particularly easy for me to translate those thoughts I have into words.

Anyway, here's a remix of a Massive Attack song that I heard off of a set the other day: "Paradise Circus". The singer for this song is Hope Sandoval of Mazzy Star, a dream pop band that achieved some fame in the 90s. The song is remixed by Brazilian electronic music producer Gui Boratto. The original song can be found on the Heligoland album from 2010 and the remix on the Heligoland Remix EP also released in 2010.


No comments:

Post a Comment