Saturday, October 20, 2012

Ghinzu - "Dragster Wave" & "Seaside Friends" [alternative rock]

Ok, I'll admit it, I'm really stressing out about the next two weeks, tight does not even begin to describe the schedule that I go through in my head (over and over again). The frustration had really been getting to me the past few days. But here I am, at the library, and even though prior to arriving I was still pretty disenthused (to put it mildly) about the entire prospect of studying for hours and hours on end, I've finally settled into a more placid and pleasant state of mind.

A very important juncture was settling down and just browsing through a few albums I haven't heard in a while. When it comes to stress, some of my friends work out while some others just eat. For me, my preferred therapy is music; I really don't have any other way of channeling negative emotions or allowing them to quietly dissolve away. And so, as I sit here, finally at peace with what I have to do, I guess I should share a couple of songs I've been listening to recently.

The first link may be familiar to those who have seen the "Taken" with Liam Neeson's famous "a very particular set of skills, skills that I have acquired over a very long career" quote. The song itself is featured at the beginning of the credit roll.

The alternative rock band Ghinzu from Belgium. Both these songs can ("Dragster Wave" and "Seaside Friends") be found on their 2004 album Blow. The album itself is a very nice mix of piano and rock instrumentals and Ghinzu do not hesitate at all about deviating from the standard verse and chorus structure, which definitely helps to minimize repetition in the whole affair.

"Dragster Wave"

"Seaside Friends"

No comments:

Post a Comment