Friday, September 7, 2012

ODESZA - Above The Middle [dream pop, proghouse]

Well, school restarts on Monday. Not going to lie, I'm not looking forward to it in the slightest, but c'est la vie, right? More importantly, this probably means the summer is pretty much over. Although, just outside my window, I see that the sun is still shining and that the leaves still boast a healthy green, there's no denying that the days no longer extend way beyond dinner time and that what was once sweltering heat has dulled down to more of a warmth reliant on direct sunlight.

But hey, soon enough the long sunny days (as well as the sun's sometimes intolerable heat) will be back once again and, presuming I play my cards right, I'll have many a summer left to bask within. In the meantime, as one does near the end of anything, I'm going to reminisce for a little while listening to this, a piece that captures so readily dat summer feel.

This is "Above The Middle" by ODESZA from their recent LP entitled Summer's Gone. The whole album is a stellar listen if you really like this vibe, available here.


No comments:

Post a Comment