Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Oddnesse - I Used To

I sometimes wonder why my music preferences invariably fall back to more melancholic sounds. I think I've come to realize that it's not because I like returning to those states to then indulge in a self-pity party. While I do agree that these doses of melancholy serve to remind of times of lower tide, I then remember finding my way out of those holes. It reminds me of the relief that came upon when those past times finally ended. It reminds me of the relief that I experience now regularly, now that I am no longer blighted by old conditions and mindsets. It also reminds me that humanity is invariably connected with trials and pain and encourages me to stay humble and in tune with that side of life, to remember that beautiful spectrum of our humanity.

"I Used To" by Oddnesse, single from 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment