Saturday, October 13, 2018

Beach House - Dive

Oh, no idea Beach House had released another album back in May. I've been following their releases half-heartedly since Bloom, which I immensely liked. "Sparks" from Depression Cherry was a pretty good song but the rest of the album didn't really stand out. Thank Your Lucky Stars just kind of fell off of my radar ... I probably still haven't given it it a thorough listen.

Overall, I find 7 to be a good listen. You can hear their distinctive style of synths connecting the songs throughout the album but they've also found newer complementary elements (well, I mean maybe they're not new in general, I haven't exactly been doggedly following their music). It's probably the shift towards shoegazey elements (the buzzing introspective guitar of Alex and relatively laid back vocals by Victoria).

I've been mostly listening to the same things over the past few months so this is a nice breath of air for me.

"Dive" by Beach House from their 2018 album 7

No comments:

Post a Comment