Sunday, October 8, 2017

Japanese Breakfast - Boyish

Finally got to see Japanese Breakfast last night. It's been a long time coming and I've been waiting for this since last April when I narrowly missed them because of work the next day -_-. Well, the show was nothing less than spectacular. They played a great energetic set balanced with a more intimate interlude featuring a mix of songs from their first and second albums. A really great treat for me as they played all the songs I were hoping they would. I really got a feeling of elation that I hadn't felt in a while. Like the Hundred Waters concert, it honestly did not matter one bit that I went alone.

Their sophomore album Soft Sounds From Another Planet features a combination of rock interspersed with electronic elements as well as acoustic pieces. It's definitely one of the albums I can listen from front to back without problem. Songs that particularly stand out for me include "Boyish", "12 Steps", "The Body Is A Blade", and "This House".

Well, I'll certainly keep an eye out for the next time they're here.

"Boyish" by Japanese Breakfast from their 2017 album Soft Sounds From Another Planet

No comments:

Post a Comment