Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Yung Lean - Hoover [rap]

I once asked someone whose two word Chinese middle name started with Yung if she had ever heard of Yung Lean. She did not. It was yet another ineffectual reference, another drop in the sea of multitudinous failed attempts.

Anyway, I'm surprised I haven't linked any Yung Lean songs on here. I think, initially anyway, I liked Yung Lean more conceptually than I did musically. I didn't follow him right from the beginning but I think his appeal was more novelty at first (awkward-looking 16 year old Swedish rapping with his friends). But he's certainly become a name with some recognition nowadays. I think appreciated the fact he would pursue something like this. I'm not too sure about what Sweden's like but I think I can reasonably say that rap does not have a long history there. Certainly took some guts to go out and pursue something like that, commendable.

I rocked out to Hoover a lot when I was in Vancouver. I even got my girlfriend into it to some degree.

"Hoover" by Yung Lean from his 2016 album Warlord

No comments:

Post a Comment