Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The Jam - English Rose

The Jam, yet another band that my coworkers (well maybe only the former UK one) listened to back in the day but by whom I'd be lucky just to know a few songs. The only reason I know this song is because of a very fitting scene featuring Robert Carlyle in Stargate Universe, from the 14th episode of the first season: "Human". The scene includes a dream sequence, a lost love, and a ship hurdling through space in a distant galaxy. I can't imagine the lyrics had ever been more relevant: "I've been to ancient worlds // Scoured the whole universe // Caught the first train home // To be at her side", especially given Robert Carlyle's Scottish background (well, The Jam's English but ... close enough ... right?).

"English Rose" by The Jam from their 1978 album All Mod Cons

No comments:

Post a Comment