Thursday, October 8, 2015

Ducktails - Headbanging In The Mirror

When I first heard "Headbanging In The Mirror" by Ducktails, the initial guitar rift immediately reminded of Real Estate. Laid back but purposeful, distinctive but careful not to be too in one's face about it. Well, part of me felt a little presumptuous thinking that ... it's not like I really have a very comprehensive understanding of Real Estate's catalogue.

After a while of listening to the song, I finally decided to go look up more info about Ducktails. And.. it's.. apparently.. the recording project of the guitarist for Real Estate ... lol. Well, since I use "related artist" features at websites, I suppose it's not inconceivable that I would be unwittingly listening to interconnected bands.

Anyway, without further ado, here're the "woozy, horizontal" and "hypnagogic" sounds that we've all been waiting for! Matt Mondanile looks incredibly relaxed in this video and makes a very compelling case for walking amidst palm trees and driving the dessert while sporting a spiffy suit while staring far into the yonder.

"Headbanging In The Mirror" by Ducktails from their 2015 album St. Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment