Saturday, November 17, 2012

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Universally Speaking [rock]

I didn't know that the Red Hot Chili Peppers had begun back in the 80s. Somehow, I just figured "Under The Bridge" was their first single since it was the oldest thing of theirs that was ever played on the Edge. Anyway, as briefly mentioned in the previous post, I've been revisiting bands of my youth lately and RHCP is one of them.

One of the more memorable songs that I hadn't heard before is "Universally Speaking" from their By The Way album from 2002. The music video features actor Dave Sheridan, who continues his role from the "By The Way" music video where he had played obsessed taxi driver/captor of Anthony Kiedis. I felt a little nostalgia while watching this, that there was actual some continuity to "By The Way" that I had watched a lot back in the day. The book at the end "Lexicon Devil" is also the book that Anthony Kiedis waves at the beginning of the "By The Way" video, which he had presumably left in the taxi after escaping from it.


No comments:

Post a Comment