Friday, November 16, 2012

Eddie Vedder - Without You [ukulele, rock]

Lately, I've been revisiting various bands I listened to in those seemingly carefree days of my youth (I was lucky enough to have a relatively carefree set of teenage years), both past albums as well as whatever those artists are doing nowadays, whether with the original bands or solo.

I didn't listen to Pearl Jam that much in the 90's. I was first familiarized with their more popular singles from the Edge and then after I had purchased their hit-compilation album Rearviewmirror (Greatest Hits 1991-2003). Now, over 20 years after their beginnings from Seattle, Pearl Jam is still active today, having released a couple of live albums (interestingly, one was released from their Toronto show last year on my birthday) since their last studio album, Backspacer, in 2009. On top of all this, vocalist, Eddie Vedder, has managed to begin releasing some solo work as well.

His first solo endeavour was for the soundtrack for the 2007 film Into The Wild, from which the single "Hard Sun" can be found. Following that, Vedder released Ukulele Songs in 2011, which appropriately features the ukulele. All in all, a very pleasant listen (the ukulele complements his voice very well). This is "Without You" (live version here)


No comments:

Post a Comment