Monday, August 20, 2012

Guitaro - Ace Faded On The Scene [shoegaze]

Oops, I did that thing again. The thing where I don't post for almost a month. This seems to be a recurring pattern. Perhaps it's because I go through phases of finding a bunch of new music and allowing the songs to simmer for a while until I find the ones that I really like. I seem to have been posting in bulk more in the past few months.

Anyway, the next two entries will feature both a shoegaze and space-rock feel. I find both the tempo and the instrumentation produce a really airy and spacious atmosphere, one in which you can really lose yourself.

Guitaro is a Canadian shoegaze trio from Abbotsford, British Columbia. They formed back in 1997 and released their first full-length album Futura Black in 2002. Since then, they have released another album in 2010, JJ's Crystal Palace. This particular song is "Ace Faded On The Scene" from their 2002 album (apparently the version on their earlier EP was slightly different, though I've yet to hear it).


No comments:

Post a Comment