Saturday, July 14, 2012

Wanting (曲婉婷) - Admit (承認) [Chinese pop]

Oh hi, my my, it has been quite a while since I've posted. But I've definitely been listening to a lot of new sweet tunes. So, let's get a move on, shall we?

I went to HMV around a month ago just to kill some time and while I was browsing the Pop/Rock section, I bumped into this album with a Chinese girl on it. This was probably the first time I had seen something like this at HMV (other than maybe in the "World" section). Anyway, it was no other than the person in the title, Wanting (or 曲婉婷). Up until this post, I literally thought Wanting was her moniker but it's literally her name Qu Wan Ting. I guess it can still be a play on words...

Anyway, originally coming from China, she went to Canada in her teenage years to study and (from what I can tell, being unable to read any Chinese websites about this) has recently released a few singles and an album Everything In The World (the album cover says Wanting Everything In The World, so I guess that confirms the play on words part).

This is "Admit" (or "承認") from that 2012 album.



No comments:

Post a Comment