Monday, July 16, 2012

Pacific UV - Static Waves [dream pop, shoegaze] & Pacific UV - God Is So Tired [shoegaze, post-rock]

Pacific UV is a band from Athens, Georgia. Their style has been said to incorporate features from dream pop, shoegaze, post-rock, and space rock, all with a homely Southern tinge. Their breadth of musical styles is definitely apparent if you give a listen to their eponymous first album from 2003.

Anyway, since I can't make up my mind as to which song to share, I'll link two. I mean since these two songs are slightly different stylistically, I guess it's justifiable... The first song is "Static Waves", which features more dream pop and shoegaze elements (and vocals). The second song is "God Is So Tired", which features more of a shoegaze (at least for the beginning anyway) and post-rock vibe. For the second song, I'd recommend you stay up until 3:00. Oh man, I'm glad I did.

Artist website @ http://www.pacificuv.com/

Pacific UV - Static Waves

Pacific UV - God Is So Tired (will add link later)

No comments:

Post a Comment