Tuesday, January 3, 2012

M83 - "Intro" (Feat. Zola Jesus) and "Soon, My Friend" [electronic]

It's a new year and what would be a better way to start off than listening to a fresh new album? Well, I guess there'd be any number of things but it's still a good way nonetheless.

M83 is an electronic/shoegaze act from France. I really liked their Before the Dawn Heals Us album from 2005 but none of their stuff afterwards really made a huge impression on me. That surely changed after I heard a bunch of songs off their latest album Hurry Up, We're Dreaming released late 2011.

They actually performed in Toronto in November but I was, alas, unable to attend as their show sold out really quickly. Anyway, I finally got my hands on a copy of the album and am currently enjoying it extensively. Here's the first ("Intro", featuring Zola Jesus) and last song ("Soon, My Friend") from the first CD (out of two) of that album.

"Intro", featuring Zola Jesus

"Soon, My Friend"

No comments:

Post a Comment