Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hello again! Or, Trembling Blue Stars - Tropic Of Capricorn [dream poppy rock]

Oops, guess I haven't updated much lately. Truthfully, I don't try to hunt down new tunes as doggedly as I did when I started this blog. It seems I've been content enough just mulling through the bunch of albums that I got over Christmas (M83, Asobi Seksu, and Florence + The Machine, to name a few).

I like buying albums. Not only do you get something physical, but there's incentive for you to take the time to listen to every song. It's one thing to browse casually through songs and albums to find something that has the attributes that you already like and quite another to develop an appreciation for something that you initially find utterly baffling. Ok, fine, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit and maybe I'm thinking of something else entirely.

Anyway, here's a song from an album I've been sitting on. I finally got around to giving it a more in-depth listen. This is "Tropic Of Capricorn" by Trembling Blue Stars from their two-disc album Fast Trains and Telegraph Wires (2010). I'm not sure if they're active anymore as I vaguely recall reading that this was supposed to be their last album (excluding the EP they released in 2011).

According to wiki, this band began as a side-project for the lead Robert Wratten "to come to grips with his relationship and subsequent break-up with Annemari Davies", someone with whom Robert had worked with in a couple of other bands. Interestingly, Annemari Davies was a frequent guest singer for Trembling Blue Stars. I guess that means it ended amicably.


No comments:

Post a Comment