Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Blackfield - Once (live) and Blackfield - Blackfield [alternative pop rock]

I've mentioned Blackfield a couple times already in previous posts, namely Steven Wilson's and Aviv Geffen's. The group itself is a joint effort by the two aforementioned musicians who are no novices to the field. I've heard varied descriptions by listeners and the band alike regarding their style. If I were to steal from all of them and hazard a guess, I'd say "melancholic alternative pop-rock".

Since the first time I had heard their stuff around a year ago, they very quickly became one of my favourite bands. I had even bought tickets for their show when they were coming to Toronto as part of the tour. Unfortunately, that one and a number of other shows had to be cancelled due to unfortunate circumstances. Anyway, I recently got a hold of the DVD performance of a show they did in New York back in 2007.

The first video is a live performance of "Once" from their second album Blackfield II (2007) while the second is a music video for "Blackfield" from their debut album Blackfield (2004).

No comments:

Post a Comment