Saturday, April 13, 2019

The Honeysticks - Out Like A Light 2

This is such an old school form of social media. I guess this has always just been an outlet for me to muse when I find something musically appealing. I've been listening to a lo-fi indie playlist and have been adding a bunch of new things.

I really enjoyed listening to this song. The way it slow transitions from a laid back acoustic to an emotional swell, the way it weaves the vocal sample in after the first verse and the way that story itself was told, the way it just feels honest and refreshing. When I share songs with people, I sometimes get the response that "it's just a song". Well, no, songs are stories; stories by people; people close to us and far away; all living life and wanting to express its significance in their own way. That's why I think, even after the many times I take breaks from this blog, I'll still end up coming back to here to list another song. It's important to keep track of these memories.

"Out Like A Light 2" by The Honeysticks, a single from 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment