Saturday, April 7, 2018

Alvvays - Not My Baby

It just dawned on me that ... I have a lot of break-up music. No, I don't think it's some subtle expression of some suppressed desire. I think the appeal stems from something a bit broader: the notions of loss and acceptance. I think I ultimately relate to these emotional states more than anything. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not trying to make any general declarations of my psychological well-being. But sometimes I do find an all-too-familiar void wrapping around me with its icy, paralyzing grip. Maybe these songs remind me that these feelings are ultimately facets of the human experience and help propel me a little from my stand-still. Or, whatever.

"Not My Baby" by Alvvays from their 2017 album Antisocialite (live version from Adult Swim)

No comments:

Post a Comment