Saturday, March 10, 2018

Our Lady Peace - In Repair

OLP and Matthew Good are playing at Massey Hall. Of course, I cannot attend. That's ok. Was listening to a bunch of older OLP stuff the other day.

Lately, I've been wanting to slow down and reconnect with some part of me outside of work and people routines, reconnect with some part of my imagination or creativity. But I wonder, what purpose would that serve? I work, pay my bills, give attention to my social entanglements. Who seriously gives a fuck if I do anything beyond paying attention to these socially valued tasks? I'm fully functional cog, why mess with that? Obviously, there is value but ... beyond it's ideological value ... sometimes I wonder.

"In Repair" by Our Lady Peace from their 2000 album Spiritual Machines

No comments:

Post a Comment