Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Audioslave - Doesn't Remind Me

Chris Cornell passed away the other day. The official cause of death was suicide by hanging. It happened right after a concert of theirs in Detroit. There's a post on Reddit talking about how he actually kept playing after the show officially ended to the few that stayed behind. That's heavy. Staring over the proverbial ledge and contemplating all the little things that've led up to that particular moment. Depression and mental illness as a whole are serious issues that may be lurking where we least expect it (not saying that it necessarily was in Cornell's case though). We should always try our best to recognize it and support those in need whenever we can.

For me, I'm much more familiar with Chris from his work with Audioslave than Soundgarden. I've recently gone through a lot of my Audioslave stuff and I have to admit that there is a certain somberness in the lyrics of a lot of the songs (a lot of the songs I liked anyway, so maybe there's some bias there). I wonder how long the time was that he had been battling his demons. 

Anyway, here's one of my favourites (though many of their songs fit that bill).

"Doesn't Remind Me" by Audioslave from their 2005 album Out Of Exile

No comments:

Post a Comment