Saturday, July 30, 2016

Mitski - "Happy" & "Your Best American Girl" [rock]

Holy shit it's been a while (again). I do listen to music but uhh iunno the perceived (and actual?) futility of posting stuff here compels me (in the negative direction).

But, hey, there's been a lotta cool stuff lately. Let's check out some stuff.

Mostly, I'm most excited to find that Mitski released a new album back in June. The songs I've heard are on the cathartic rock-heavy side but some review says it exhibits mixed influences. I'm only on track 3 right now but it's so far been really great. I find the production quality on this one is more refined than the last album (bury me at makeout creek), which was really my only critique of it. I've always been a sucker for creeping cathartic rock so this is just great. Here's to you Mitski!

Two great music videos from the new album woo.

"Happy" by Mitski from the 2016 album Puberty 2

"Your Best American Girl" by Mitski from the 2016 album Puberty 2

No comments:

Post a Comment