Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Bran Van 3000 - Couch Surfer [alternative]

The other day I heard a bird whisper in my ear that I had a blog where I post music stuff. Ludicrous! Since the last post here, a lot of things have changed. I'm in a new town, started two new jobs, started seeing a beautiful lady. Music hasn't been as huge a part of my life as it used to be when I would seek (desperately) for something to distract me from the frenzied thoughts in my head so that I could actually study with some semblance focus.

Well, musings like that really belong to my other blog so maybe I'll just stop here.

I have two albums from the Montreal collective Bran Van 3000 and I really got them just to listen to two singles: "Drinking In LA" and "Love Cliche". I was pleasantly surprised to find that I liked the rest of the albums a lot. It consists of simple late-90s guitar, electronic samples, laid back spoken word, and gentle female background vocals. All very relaxing and done in way that's not repetitive as one goes through the album (though, to be honest, I haven't really sat through the whole album yet). It doesn't help that I tend to have a soft spot for Canadian music.

"Couch Surfer" by Bran Van 3000 from their 1998 album Glee

No comments:

Post a Comment