Thursday, February 2, 2012

Shugo Tokumaru - Parachute [experimental folk]

One of the very first songs I saved on my Redditunes favourites was this song. Fast-forward half a year later after I've been acquainted with Asobi Seksu. Imagine my surprise when, as I'm browsing the other acts under Asobi's label (PolyVinyl Records), I find hear the familiar voice of Shugo Tokumaru!

Shugo Tokumaru is a Japanese multi-instrumentalist. He, who has been releasing music mostly in Japan since 2003, made his debut in the North American scene with his 2007 album Exit. He has since released another album, Port Entropy (2010). His music has been met with favourable reviews noting his use of more non-traditional instruments.

This is "Parachute" from his 2007 album Exit, a cheerful song with a very fun accompanying video.


No comments:

Post a Comment