Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ulrich Schnauss - A Letter From Home [ambient techno]

This is "A Letter From Home" by Ulrich Schnauss, a German electronic musician. This song is from his second album A Strangely Isolated Place released in 2003, which showed a notable influence from the likes of Slowdive and My Bloody Valentine (I swear I'm not purposefully trying to bring every post back to shoegaze).

But whatever the influences, I found the entire album a very soothing experience. Listening to a few of the songs really seemed to transport me to another place, a more simple and calming place. It was actually for one of the other songs on this album that I had wanted to make a video of the song set to visuals of driving through somewhere remote.

But you know what's even more remote than the countryside? The vastness of space (with good audio quality to boot).

No comments:

Post a Comment